07 November 2013

#387

Baked macarons today :> although they don't look like the lovely, elegant Parisian dessert, they taste amazing.

And today I realised how easy it is to make the French meringue HAHAHAHA late, but better than never.

I just wish I didn't beat my egg whites for such a long time :( oh well, there's always next time! Because macarons are just too expensive to buy on a regular basis. Honestly, since it's for my consumption, I don't really see the need for it to be exceptionally beautiful HAHA. What's more important is its taste!

And the chocolate ganache goes really well with the macarons shell, since the shells are really sweet. I shall try different variations of fillings the next time, because its the filling that gives the macarons its taste! :>

My delicious macarons are sitting in the freezer now and I really hope no one eats them because I don't have that many left, after snacking on the shells just now. Heh. I should have froze the shells just now so I didn't end up with so many broken ones :<

In other news, I'M DONE WITH PW F O R E V E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've waited for this day ever since PW started and yes, I'm finally here. I never thought I'd get past OP but then again, I didn't think that I'd survive promos.

Thankfully, promos and PW are both over.

Truthfully, towards the end I wasn't even working towards the desired PW grade anymore. All I was hoping for was that time would pass more quickly so that I could be done and over with PW.

It's been long and tough, but I think I've learnt lots from PW. Like how to be more proactive when arranging for consultations and PR skills. I mean, my group mates (including me) aren't the easiest people to deal with. Despite that, the most important thing was the work, and I've learnt to put down my prejudices and work with the people even when I'm feeling like shit.

There were moments when I'd reared my ugly horns at them, but I mostly try to be cordial and polite.

Once again, through PW, I've seen how different I am from the people around me. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but I sure am different enough.

In any case, I'm no longer examinable for any form of group work, at least until after A levels and I plan on fully enjoying time when I can work for myself and not learn how to deal with people that aren't compatible with me or me with them.

Individual work is so liberating. It really is to your own advantage and you don't need to consult anyone else on the things that you need/want to do. Especially the fact that meetings with myself can occur at anyplace and anytime.

I love individual work.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not good at group work. I can do anything (including group work), if I just decide that I want to. When I don't want to, nothing can make me. (e.g. HC nominations hahahahaha)

I'm so enjoying life now before next week when lectures start again. I've got a whole stack of books from the library waiting to be read so...

Yay I love reading.